Total Number of Species Recorded in 2011

2010 saw a total of 196 species recorded in Bedfordshire. Of this total, LGRE recorded 183, closely followed by Jim Gurney and Steve Blain on 181, Lol Carman on 180, Martin Palmer on 179 and Bob Chalkley on 177.

In 2011, a total of 452 species was recorded in Britain and Ireland of which I recorded just 69% (312); Bedfordshire recorded 204 species (of which I saw 94% at 191), Hertfordshire 192 (of which I saw 88.5% at 170) and Buckinghamshire 192 (of which I recorded just 86% at 165)

In 2012, I came fourth (on 168), following Steve Blain (177), Jim Gurney (174) and Martin Plamer (171).



Sunday 5 October 2014

Large flock of BEARDED TITS in Quest Pit

Fog was the incentive for driving further along the Bedford bypass this morning, passed Gadsey and on to the clay pits along the Ampthill road.  Chimney Corner north only had ten ducks but seven were Wigeon and three were Pintail, so not too bad.  Also a Reed Warbler here.  Chimney south really was birdless.  Quest Pit looked great but I didn't give it long - a count of forty Pochard being the highlight.  Looked great for Bearded Tit.  On to Rookery from the footpath in south east corner you can see the remaining water.  A small group of ten Teal here.  Then I heard some BEARDED TITS, quite a few I thought.  But at some distance, all I could do was scan the masses of reeds.  Eventually I found them - at least eighteen birds and perhaps another flock of around ten.  Also a male COMMON STONECHAT here.

Not a bad morning. I'd just got home when Robin amazingly refo und the Hoopoe.  So back out again to Willington.  A brilliant end to the morning.


Richard Bashford Birding

Elsewhere in the county, WOODLARKS flew over Blows Downs (Johnny Lynch) and Sharpenhoe Clappers (Stuart Winter) and TREE SPARROWS have returned to Southill (Steve Blain)

No comments:

Post a Comment